It’s your worst travel nightmare- getting sick while on vacation. I always travel with a custom first aid kit. Here are some times to put in yours:
- Your prescription medications in their original bottles.
- Tylenol/Motrin/baby aspirin
- antihistamine (i.e., Allegra, Claritin)
- anti-diarrheal (i.e., Lomotil)
- antibiotic ointment (i.e., Neosporin)
- anti-itch cream (i.e., Caladryl)
- bug repellant
- aloe vera
- seasickness/motion sickness preparation
- assorted bandages
I have provided brand names of medications for purposes of familiarity. However, I always buy generic versions of these medications when possible. Also, buy smaller packaging for space-saving.
Lastly, be sure to ask your healthcare provider for any medications that are only available by prescription. Nausea medications come to mind.
By being prepared, you can avoid trying to buy these items (often at higher cost) when you travel. These items usually have a longer shelf life, so don’t worry if you don’t use them for this trip…there’s always next time!
Watch me shop for my travel kit on our YouTube channel!